You must correct the following errors to continue:
This course is designed to educate and train nursing assistants to support licensed nursing staff in long-term care facilities. Participants will specialize in skills to include sterile gloving, wound care, oral suctioning, diabetes care, enteral nutrition, catheterization, colostomy care, specimen collection, and tracheostomy care through lecture, laboratory practice, and evaluation.
Course OutlineThis course provides advanced nurse aide skills for acute care settings. It prepares the student to work in both hospital and long-term care facilities.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Give examples of current issues challenging the healthcare delivery system in the U.S.
- Account for legal principles that guide personnel in the delivery of healthcare.
- State the evolution of the patient care technician in the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrate effective communication methods used by the healthcare team to exchange vital patient information.
- Describe measures utilized to prevent the spread of infectious organisms.
- Perform task-oriented duties and skills under the supervision of licensed personnel.
For information or assistance on:
- On-line registration or general registration and payment call 455-0477 or email: email@example.com
- Financial assistance, program advising, or attending an information session, please complete the online inquiry form and an advisor will contact you.
- For possible tuition assistance, please visit https://uhcc.hawaii.edu/goodjobshawaii/index.php to learn more about the Good Jobs Hawaii grant program.
- Click here to learn more about financial assistance and student support resources.
Coordinator: Patrick Leddy
Workforce Development Coordinator
1. Current Criminal Abstract (https://ecrim.ehawaii.gov) (abstract needs to be submitted within 30 days of issuance).
2. Completed Leeward CC Physical Examination Clearance Form.
3. Copy of your photo ID.
4. Proof of 2-Step TB test completed within the last six months.
5. Proof of MMR vaccination (titer is acceptable).
6. Proof of Hep B series vaccination (titer is acceptable).
7. Proof of a 9th-grade English level or higher. Please submit the following as proof of this requirement: AA Degree, BA Degree, college transcripts, TABE results. OR take our EdReady assessment. Please fill out this EdReady Request Form.