You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
This course is an introduction to SQL. It teaches you how to query or update data in a relational database management system (RDBMS). In this class, you learn the concepts of relational databases and the powerful SQL programming language, all in a practical and hands-on environment. Learn to:
• Run complex queries to retrieve data from multiple tables
• Run data manipulation language (DML) statements to update data in a database
• Run data definition language (DDL) statements to create and manage schema objects
• Identify the major components of Oracle Database and MySQL database
• Retrieve row and column data from tables with the SELECT statement
• Create reports of sorted and restricted data
• Employ SQL functions to generate and retrieve customized data
Benefits to you: This course provides the essential SQL skills that allow developers to write queries against single and multiple tables, manipulate data in tables, and create database objects. You can use SQL Developer to access an Oracle database or MySQL Workbench to access a MySQL database. You can also experience using SQL*Plus to access an Oracle database or MySQL command-line client to access a MySQL database. You will see SQL statements that are identical in both Oracle database and MySQL database, and also see the variations in output or syntax between the databases in some statements.