You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
Learning to effectively work with others in groups leads to the development of a "team". Engaged teams lead to a successful personal and professional work environment. Building upon your personal communication style, you will learn about group dynamics and influential factors that impact group communication. Learn to create and communicate in a collaborative climate and make effective group decisions. Participants will also develop skills in managing conflict in a professional manner.
Certificate Eligibility Requirements: A Certificate of Professional Development is granted to learners who attend at least 80% of class sessions.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify personal behaviors and how they affect others in group situations.
- Select the appropriate method to make decisions in groups.
- Identify characteristics that distinguish groups and teams.
- Take steps to create a work environment that promotes communication.
- Identify ways to manage conflict.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills when working with a diverse group.
Please note: You are encouraged to bring a laptop, tablet and/or smartphone to class to assist you with in-class assignments. If you don’t have access to any of these items, please inform your instructor so we can make arrangements for you.
If you are a student with a documented disability and have not voluntarily disclosed the nature of your disability so that we may coordinate the accommodations you need, you are invited to contact the Disability Support Services Office (DSSO) in `Ilima 107, ph.734-9552 , or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For students whose primary disability is Deaf or hard of hearing, contact the KCC Deaf Center in Manono 111C, ph. 734-9210 (V) or 447-1379 (videophone).
Please note: you will need to contact Kapi‘olani CC's DSSO or Deaf Center to request accommodations in a Kapi‘olani CC course even if you've already registered or receiving services at another UH campuses disability support program.
Kapi‘olani Community College Refund/Drop Policy:
100% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 10 business days or more prior to start date of course.
50% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 5-9 business days prior to start date of course.
0% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made less than 5 business days prior to start date of