You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The section TRAN8101 - 321 (Custom Section# 1114) is currently not available.
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF Basic RiderCourse (BRC) Hawaii edition is approved for use by the Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) for Motorcycle Rider Education. Upon successful completion of the course, qualified students who hold a State of Hawaii Class 2 Permit will be issued a licensing waiver.
Contact course coordinator for information regarding learning outcomes.
Workforce Development Coordinator
For registration assistance, please call our office at 455-0477.
PARTICIPANTS OVER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS
- State of Hawaii Operators License Holders
- REQUIRED - A valid State of Hawaii category 2 Driver's Permit is required prior to registering for the course by either online or standard registration. A list of Driver Licensing Centers can be found HERE. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you make an appointment to get a permit.
- Upon Successful completion, a State of Hawaii licensing waiver will be issued to waive the requirement to take the motorcycle skills test at the DMV.
- Those Holding Out-of-State Operators Licenses
- NOT REQUIRED - A valid State of Hawaii category 2 Driver's Permit
- State of Hawaii licensing waiver WILL NOT BE ISSUED
PARTICIPANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS - STOP!
- Those under the age of 18 years CANNOT REGISTER ONLINE
- Print the following forms, complete and submit the forms to the OCEWD registration office IN PERSON:
- STANDARD REGISTRATION FORM: (Must be signed by Parent or Legal Guardian)
- CONSENT, WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT: (MUST BE SIGNED BY BOTH PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) The risk and release waiver MUST be completed in its entirety or you will not be enrolled.
- YOU MUST PRESENT a valid State of Hawaii category 2 driver’s Permit at the time of Registration or you will not be enrolled.
- MINORS MUST be accompanied by at least one parent or legal guardian to the first course session to validate signatures on the risk and release.
- Upon Successful completion of the course, you WILL NOT BE ISSUED a licensing waiver until you satisfy the following requirements:
- You must submit a record of 40 hours of supervised driving (dated after course completion)
- You must submit a record of completion of the classroom portion of the State of Hawaii Drivers Education Course.