You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The section TRAN5510 - 036 (Custom Section# Cohort 3_021820) is currently not available.
Course DescriptionThis series provides participants who have already obtained a Commercial Driver License (CDL) Permit Class A, the opportunity to be prepared to obtain a Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A and/or B. This series also ensures participants complete the entire training in a single track of courses. Tuition includes: classroom training, behind-the-wheel training, and textbooks. All other fees are the responsibility of the participant.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Identify, inspect and assess a truck's critical items for safe operating conditions.
- Demonstrate proficiency of the basic CMV controls and their functions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the principles of CMV safe operation skills.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of all CMV rules as demonstrated by successfully obtaining a State of Hawaii CDL license.
Workforce Development Coordinator
For assistance call our office at 455-0477.
Participants interested in the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) Training Program without permit prep must submit to the office the following items:
- A valid State of Hawaii Class 3 Vehicle Drivers License
- A valid State of Hawaii CDL Type A License Permit
- Hawaii Driver History Record
- A Medical Examiners Report Form and A Medical Examiner's Certificate conducted by a licensed medical examiner.
- Completed Student Participant Information Sheet (in office)
For more information, please contact the office at 808-455-0477.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate of Professional Development - CDL : Commercial Motor Vehicle Training w/out Permit Prep