You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
There's a growing demand for pharmacy technicians in Hawaii as a result of our rapidly growing healthcare industry. Separate yourself from the competition through our course which provides the skills and knowledge necessary to receive national certification, and build the foundation for a pharmaceutical career. Employers will recognize that you're more qualified to offer effective patient care and service. Besides learning the history of pharmaceutical medicine, you'll develop skills in calculations, drug classification, processing, inventory and billing - various roles of a Pharmacy Technician in retail and hospital settings.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the externship requirement has been suspended until further notice.
Course fees include textbooks, practice tests, the PTCE exam.
For hours and additional course requirements visit: https://ocewd.org/pharmacytech
- Successfully pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam
- Prepare for work as a pharmacy technician in different pharmacy settings
Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform the various duties of a pharmacy technician in different settings, e.g., retail/outpatient, hospital/inpatient
- Apply state and federal laws related to pharmacy
- Perform pharmaceutical calculations accurately
- Understand pharmacy inventory and 3rd party billing
- Identify and classify the top 200 Drugs
For guidance on eligibility and tuition / support assistance let us contact you personally through our “Let’s Get Started” system:
You may also connect with our advisor:
Dayna Lapina: email@example.com
For registration assistance:
call our office at 455-0477