You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
There's a growing demand for pharmacy technicians in Hawaii as a result of our rapidly growing healthcare industry. Separate yourself from the competition through our course which provides the skills and knowledge necessary to receive national certification, and build the foundation for a pharmaceutical career. Employers will recognize that you're more qualified to offer effective patient care and service. Besides learning the history of pharmaceutical medicine, you'll develop skills in calculations, drug classification, processing, inventory and billing - various roles of a Pharmacy Technician in retail and hospital settings.
To successfully complete the program, students must complete at least 100 externship hours (at Walgreens or CVS Health/Longs Drugs) in addition to the class coursework. Students will learn and observe from the pharmacy technician on site, including customer service skills.
Course fees include textbooks, practice tests, the PTCE exam, and the externship.
- Successfully pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam
- Prepare for work as a pharmacy technician in different pharmacy settings
Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform the various duties of a pharmacy technician in different settings, e.g., retail/outpatient, hospital/inpatient
- Apply state and federal laws related to pharmacy
- Perform pharmaceutical calculations accurately
- Understand pharmacy inventory and 3rd party billing
- Identify and classify the top 200 Drugs
Workforce Development Coordinator
For assistance call our office at 455-0477.