You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The online enrollment to this section not allowed.
A+ is a good starting point for entering a career in Information Technology as it provides foundational skills and knowledge.
Jobs that use knowledge gained in an A+ course include Help Desk Technician, Technical Support Specialist, Service Desk Analyst, Data Support Technician, and others. It is recommended that you consider continued learning in related areas such as Networking and Security.
This course prepares you for the two parts of the CompTIA A+ certification. Additional self-study is highly recommended.
- Hardware - Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components and devices
- Operating Systems - Installing and supporting Windows OS including command line and client support. Understanding Mac OS, Linux, and mobile OS
- Software Troubleshooting - Troubleshooting PC and mobile device issues including application security support
- Networking - Explaining types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WiFi, and SOHO
- Hardware and Network Troubleshooting - Troubleshooting device and network issues
- Security - Identifying and protecting against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections
- Mobile Devices - Installing and configuring laptops and other mobile devices
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing - Comparing and contrasting cloud computing concepts and set up client-side virtualization
- Operational Procedures - Following best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism