You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
Adult Residential Care Home (ARCH) operators program provides participants basic knowledge about geriatric diseases, preparation of special diets, fulfillment of existing orders and therapies, and behavior management. Participants also acquire simple accounting skills, an understanding of the Department of Health rules and regulations governing ARCH. The program consists of three in a single track of courses that include ARCH Module 12- 14.
The ARCH operator program concludes with a one-day workshop on "Start your Business". Learn the process to start a business in Hawaii and important considerations for insurance, employees, and financial assistance.
For hours and additional course requirements visit: https://ocewd.org/arch
Learner OutcomesUpon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Function as a member of the Adult Residential Care Home team providing safe and effective personal care to the residents.
- Distinguish resident's needs based on physical and cognitive changes associated with the aging process.
- Apply federal, state and local health and safety regulations.
- Recall the legal and ethical responsibilities of the Adult Residential Care Home Operator.
For guidance on eligibility and tuition / support assistance let us contact you personally through our “Let’s Get Started” system:
Workforce Development Coordinator
For registration assistance:
call our office at 455-0477
Documentation of completion in a Hawaii State 100+ hours of a NATP (Nurse Aide Training Program) or a copy of your CURRENT CNA (Certified Nurse Aide) card administered by the American Red Cross or Prometric.
Please bring a copy of the Chapter 100.1 first day of class. You may download and print a copy Chapter 100.1, or a copy can be obtained by calling 808-692-7407 for $15.