You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
There's a growing demand for pharmacy technicians in Hawaii as a result of our rapidly growing healthcare industry. Separate yourself from the competition through our course which provides the skills and knowledge necessary to receive national certification, and build the foundation for a pharmaceutical career. Employers will recognize that you're more qualified to offer effective patient care and service. Besides learning the history of pharmaceutical medicine, you'll develop skills in calculations, drug classification, processing, inventory and billing - various roles of a Pharmacy Technician in retail and hospital settings.
Course fees include textbooks, practice tests, and the PTCE Industry credential exam fees.
Course OutlineCourse provides the skills and knowledge necessary to receive national certification. Student will develop skills in calculation, drug classification, processing, inventory and billing in retail and hospital settings.
- Successfully pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam
- Prepare for work as a pharmacy technician in different pharmacy settings
Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform the various duties of a pharmacy technician in different settings, e.g., retail/outpatient, hospital/inpatient
- Apply state and federal laws related to pharmacy
- Perform pharmaceutical calculations accurately
- Understand pharmacy inventory and 3rd party billing
- Identify and classify the top 200 Drugs
For information or assistance on:
* on-line registration or general registration and payment call 455-0477 or email: email@example.com
* financial assistance, program advising, or attending an information session, please complete the online inquiry form and an advisor will contact you.
* Click here to learn more about financial assistance and student support resources.
* View our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list for more information
Applicants accepted to the Pharmacy Technician program must meet the following:
1) High school diploma or GED
2) Basic computer and typing skills (35+ wpm) – Recommended
3) 9th grade Math skills or higher
4) Criminal abstract not older than 30 days.
(NOTE: Criminal abstract cost $10-$15 student responsible for obtaining).
* See “How to apply below for forms and instructions”