You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
This course prepares learners for the State of Hawaii Commercial Driver (CDL Class A) license test. Strong emphasis is placed on the Commercial Driving Manual, Virage VS 600 CDL simulator, Class A Vehicle Inspection, parking skills, and safe operation in preparation for the tests required to obtain your CDL Class A license which include the:
- Air Brake Test
- Vehicle Inspection Test
- Basic Vehicle Control Skills Test
- On-Road Driving Test
Course OutlineCourse prepares students with skills for the Commercial Drivers License Class A & B. Instructions include training on the CDL simulator, pre-trip inspection skills, on campus driving and parking practices, on the road driving and safety skills, and post-trip assessment.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a 5-step Air Brake Test
- Complete a Class A Vehicle Inspection Test
- Demonstrate “Basic Vehicle Control Skills” which include
- Straight line backing
- Offset back/right
- Offset back/left
- Parallel park (driver side)
- Parallel park (conventional)
- Alley dock
- Demonstrate safe and responsible road skills in a variety of traffic situations
For information or assistance on:
*On-line registration or general registration and payment call 455-0477 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Financial assistance or program advising please complete the online inquiry form and an advisor will contact you.
* Click here to learn more about financial assistance and student support resources.
* CDL curriculum or Custom / Corporate training questions, please contact:
Workforce Development - Associate Professor
Applicants accepted to the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) Training Program must meet the following requirements:
Be 21 years of age or older
Possess a valid State of Hawaii CDL Type A License Permit
To learn of the HI requirements, medical clearances, and application procedures to obtain a CDL Type A Permit from the State of HI Motor Vehicle Safety Division visit:
State of HI Motor Vehicle Safety Website -
Scroll down to: " Highway Safety Section – Commercial Drivers”
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate of Professional Development - CDL : Commercial Motor Vehicle Training w/out Permit Prep