You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
This course prepares for the CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam. CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role & provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents - not just identify them.
Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
Students who successfully complete the course will be provided with an exam voucher.
Course OutlineSecurity+ establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role. You will learn best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to develop practical security problem-solving skills. This course prepares you for the CompTIA Security+ certification. Although test prep for the certification exams is covered in class, additional study is needed.
By the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- Research topics related to the designated certification
- Identify key subjects, relevant data, and propose possible solutions
- Review & recall materials related to the certification topic
- Demonstrate competence and proficiency in certification areas
If you are a student with a documented disability and have not voluntarily disclosed the nature of your disability so that we may coordinate the accommodations you need, you are invited to contact the Disability Support Services Office (DSSO) in ‘Ilima 107, ph.734-9552, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For students whose primary disability is Deaf or hard of hearing, contact the KCC Deaf Center at ph. 734-9210 (V), 447-1379 (videophone), or email email@example.com.
Please note: you will need to contact Kapi’olani CC’s DSSO or Deaf Center to request accommodations in a Kapi’olani CC course even if you’ve already registered or are receiving services at another UH campus’s disability support program.
Kapi‘olani Community College Refund/Drop Policy:
100% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 10 business days or more prior to start date of course.
50% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 5-9 business days prior to start date of course.
0% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made less than 5 business days prior to start date of course.
1. Successfully pass the A+ and Network+ certification exam or equivalent knowledge and experience.
2. Two years of IT administration experience in a professional environment with emphasis on security.
3. Network-related IT experience is helpful but not necessary.