Sewing Refresher: Make a Crossbody Bag
Dust off your Home Economics sewing skills! In this class you will make a simple crossbody bag that will remind you that you CAN (still) sew!
We will start with a refresher on the sewing machine - a quick walk through on threading and proper bobbin making and installation. (It's always the threading or the bobbin that messes stuff up!) After practicing a few straight seams we will jump into the project using a set pattern, leaving enough room for creative changes in terms of size, pocket placement and more.
All materials you need will be provided in the classroom along with some refreshments. There is so much fabric that choosing will feel like the hardest part! For those who finish quickly there will be options for quick add-on or second projects to compliment the skills of the day.
- Remember how to use a sewing machine.
- How to thread and make a bobbin.
- Do a little trouble shooting.
- Understand fabric usage - how to work both on the grain and on the bias
- Helpful cutting techniques
- How to get seams straight
- How to make a reversible anything
- How to use a little hardware in a project to make it look more finished.