Sewing Refresher: Zippers
Have you always been a little nervous about zippers? In this class we will make a cute zipper coin purse, a zippered clutch and a zipper closed pillow case. This class will give you the skills to add in a zipper almost anywhere.
We will start with a refresher on the sewing machine - a quick walk through on threading and proper bobbin making and installation. (Its always the threading or the bobbin that messes stuff up!) After a few straight seams for practice we will jump into the projects using a set pattern, but leaving enough lots of room for creative changes in terms of size and fabric mixing. You will get to work this project to fit your wants instead of the other way around. For those who finish quickly you will be able to make more or switch up your pattern to try a new size.
All materials you need will be provided in the classroom along with some refreshments. There's so much fabric that choosing will feel like the hardest part!
Participants will learn:
- Remember how to use a sewing machine
- How to thread and make a bobbin
- Do a little trouble shooting
- Understand fabric usage - how to work both on the grain and on the bias
- Helpful cutting techniques
- How to get seams straight
- How to install a “show zipper” or center line zipper
- How to install a lap zipper
- How to install an invisible zipper