This course is designed to introduce Chinese business protocol and cultural etiquette to any individual who regularly interacts with visitors from China. Participants will gain a better understanding of Chinese visitor expectations and develop their own customized "quick tip sheet" that relates to individual job duties and responsibilities.
ETF (Employment Training Funds) available. Please visit http://labor.hawaii.gov/wdd/home/employers/etf/micro/ for more information.
- Check Your Prior Knowledge
- Introduction to Chinese-style business protocol
- What do Chinese visitors expect from their trips to Hawaii?
- Dos and don'ts with Chinese guests
- Basic Chinese phrases
- What Have We Learned?
- Understand, speak, and write frequently used expressions in the Chinese language
- Demonstrate recognition and appropriate response to Chinese business and cultural protocol, communication, and etiquette.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and effective interaction with Chinese visitors
- Display understanding and appropriate professional conduct when providing guest service to Chinese visitors.