This course is designed to familiarize the student with Hybrid and Electric vehicle safety, and system isolation of the Electric Machine and Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) to perform testing and service procedures on Air Conditioning systems. Hands-on training to identify, disable and test for high voltage. Prepare vehicle for diagnostic testing and service on high voltage AC systems.
- Climate Control System Operation
- Safety concerns
- System Components
- Refrigerant components
- Compressor designs
- High voltage control system
- Refrigerant and Oil
- Refrigerant type and capacity
- Oil type and capacity
- System Testing and Service
- Refrigerant identification
- Performance pressure test
- Servicing AC system
- Testing High Voltage AC compressor and circuit
Student Learning Outcomes (SLO’s):
- Identify high voltage circuits and systems on Hybrid and Electric Vehicles.
- Demonstrate proper procedures to safely disable vehicle high voltage circuit systems.
- Demonstrate the use of reference training materials, use appropriate tools, testing and measuring equipment to diagnose, test, inspect and perform preventive maintenance, service and repairs on Hybrid and Electric Vehicle systems and components.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personal and environmental safety practices and observe all industry standards of safety.
Pre-requisites or required preparation: Intro to HEV
Automotive industry work experience recommended.