The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF Basic RiderCourse (BRC) Hawaii edition is approved for use by the Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) for Motorcycle Rider Education. Upon successful completion of the course, qualified students who hold a State of Hawaii Class 2 Permit will be issued a licensing waiver.
Contact course coordinator for information regarding learning outcomes.
Workforce Development Coordinator
For registration assistance, please call our office at 455-0477.
- : TIt is that you make an appointment to get a permit
2. How soon can I start my class? that you make an appointment to get a permit as soon as possible.
UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS - STOP!
- Those under the age of 18 years CANNOT REGISTER ONLINE
- Print the following forms, complete and submit the forms to the OCEWD registration office IN PERSON:
- STANDARD REGISTRATION FORM: (Must be signed by Parent or Legal Guardian)
- CONSENT, WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT: (MUST BE SIGNED BY BOTH PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) The risk and release waiver MUST be completed in its entirety or you will not be enrolled.
- YOU MUST PRESENT a valid State of Hawaii category 2 driver’s Permit at the time of Registration or you will not be enrolled.
- MINORS MUST be accompanied by at least one parent or legal guardian to the first course session to validate signatures on the risk and release.
- Upon Successful completion of the course, you WILL NOT BE ISSUED a licensing waiver until you satisfy the following requirements:
- You must submit the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF PRACTICE DRIVING (dated after course completion)
- You must submit a record of completion of the classroom portion of the State of Hawaii Drivers Education Course.