Course DescriptionSponsored by Hawaii Energy, this class prepares you to begin a career in the Water and Wastewater Industry. Participants who are already working as operators will gain an expanded knowledge of how Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants operate and are maintained.
1. Apply basic operator math and basic science
2. Describe how treatment plants operate and identify the different types of plants
3. Describe how distribution and collection systems work
4. Explains the basic terminology that is required to communicate with operators
5. Demonstrates knowledge of the basic rules of safety and identifies what personal protection equipment may be required for the job
Suggested: High School diploma or GED equivalent