Course DescriptionHospitality and Tourism is about welcoming people. Communication is a key factor to meet the needs and provide high levels of satisfaction to your guests. This course is a continuation of Hospitality ESL Introduction course which will help you be better in communicating with hotel guests. You will learn how to give information and make recommendations, give simple and clearer directions, deal with customer inquiries, offer help, and politely respond to complaints.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe facilities inside and outside the hotel, including directions
- Explain room service, including hours and menu items
- Describe bars in the hotel, including locations and popular drinks in Hawaii.
- Describe restaurants in the hotel, including locations and types of dining.
- Explain places to visit, including locations and directions.
- Specify concierge services, including services available.