Course DescriptionHawaiians conveyed "ho`okipa" or "hospitality" towards people they knew, as well as visitors to their communities and to the islands. Ho`okipa Me Ke Aloha, a culture-rich learning experience based on Hawaiian language and culture, is designed for participants to develop an appreciation for our host culture and traditions while servicing visitors from around the globe. From learning about the Ahupua`a land management concept to the roles and responsibilities within an `Ohana, you will cultivate your fundamental knowledge of Hawaiian history, culture, values and language, as well as learn to exemplify "Hospitality with Aloha".
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the significance and values of several Hawaiian cultural "anchors".
- Identify the basic elements of Hawaiian language and culture which could be applied to a global workplace.
- Recognize their personal and organizational contribution to teamwork, collaboration and cooperation.
- Identify Hawaiian values and explain their importance in serving the customer.
Employment Training Funds available: http://labor.hawaii.gov.wdd/home/employers/etf/micro
This course is recommended for the following programs:
- Certification for Hawaii's Professional Tour Guides
- Certificate for Customer Service in Hawai‘i
- Career Success in Hawaii's Service Industries