The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF Basic RiderCourse (BRC) Hawaii edition is approved for use by the Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) for Motorcycle Rider Education. Upon successful completion of the course, qualified students who hold a State of Hawaii Class 2 Permit will be issued a licensing waiver.
*Classes are held at the Hawaii Community College-Manono Campus in Hilo.
*Tuition fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
*Please include your date of birth when registering.
*Minimum seat height: 31" *Recommended minimum inseam: 24"
1. Valid Hawaii Motorcycle Permit Class 2
2. Long sturdy pants, long sleeve shirt or a jacket
3. Full fingered gloves
4. Over-the ankle shoes or boots
5. Eye Protection (example: sunglasses, eyeglasses)
6. You are welcome to bring your own helmet that is D.O.T certified 3/4 or full faced. If you are borrowing a helmet, please bring a head bandana.