We all know what good writing is. It’s the novel we can’t put down, the poem we never forgot, and the speech that changes the way we look at the world. Good writing is the memo that gets action and the letter that says what a phone call can’t.
In business writing, the language is concrete, the point of view is clear, and the points are well expressed. Good writing is hard work, and even the best writers get discouraged. However, with practice you can feel more confident about your own writing. This workshop will give you the tools to become a better writer.
What Topics are Covered?
• The four C’s: clear, concise, complete, and correct
• Word agreement • Practical and inclusive language
• Active and passive voice • Sentence construction and punctuation
• Sentences and sentence types • Writing business letters, memos, and e-mails
• Readability index • Spelling and proofreading
• Manners and courtesy • Reviewing your writing
Learner Outcomes• The value of good written communication.
• How to write and proofread your work so it is clear, concise, complete, and correct.
• How to apply these skills in real world situations.
• The proper format for memos, letters, and e-mails.