Have you ever wondered why it seems so difficult to talk with some people and so easy to talk with others? Can you recall an occasion where you met someone for the first time and immediately liked that person? Something about the individual made you feel comfortable.
A major goal of this workshop is to help you understand the impact your communication skills have on other people. You will also explore how improving these skills can make it easier for you to get along in the workplace, and in life.
What Topics are Covered?
• Creating positive relationships • Communication styles
• Growing our self-awareness • Creating a positive self-image
• Communication basics and barriers • Frame of reference
• Asking questions and listening skills • Techniques for the workplace
• Body language • Assertiveness
• Identify common communication problems that may be holding you back
• Develop skills to ask questions that give you information you need
• Learn what your non-verbal messages are telling others
• Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically to others
• Enhance your ability to handle difficult situations
• Deal with situations assertively
Nicole Combs received her PhD Organization and Management from Capella University, MBA from California State University Dominguez Hills, and BS in Business Management University of Phoenix.
Nicole is a part-time instructor for several colleges. Additionally, she teaches at Kauai High School, and is a former vice principal and teacher of a charter school (K-12) in California. Having earned both her Master’s and now PhD from online programs, she is highly involved in distance education. Her dissertation topic was “ student perceptions of faculty effectiveness in online learning.” She recently completed a new AA degree in Virtual Assisting.