Java for the Enthusiast is suited to people who have some programming experience. With this experience, you will benefit from the systematic approach to learning Java. The course starts with a conceptual understanding of Object Oriented Programming and helps you develop applications that solve business problems.
This is a hands-on course with emphasis on language fundamentals. Java is a general purpose programming language with a number of features that make the language well-suited for use on the World Wide Web. Topics include Java Language API (Application Programming Interface), Java classes, objects, and applications using the language. You will utilize hands-on labs and exercises to apply theories learned.
At the end of the course, you will able to:
- Implement, compile, test and run Java programs
- Understand how to include arithmetic operators and constants in a Java program
- Make use of members of classes found in the Java API (such as the Math, String class)
- Demonstrate the ability to employ various types of selection constructs in a Java program
- Employ a hierarchy of Java classes to provide a solution to a given set of requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to employ repetition constructs in a Java program such as loop
- Demonstrate the ability to use simple data structures like arrays in a Java program