In today’s society, many people experience information overload. We are bombarded with messages to believe various ideas, purchase things, support causes, and lead our lifestyle in a particular way. How do you know what to believe? How do you separate the truth from the myths?
The answer lies in critical thinking skills. The ability to clearly reason through problems and to present arguments in a logical, compelling way has become a key skill for survival in today’s world. This workshop will give you some practical tools and hands-on experience with critical thinking and problem solving.
What Topics are Covered?
• Understanding critical thinking • Creating explanations
• Where do other types of thinking fit in? (including whole-brain and left and right brain)
• Pitfalls to reasoned decision making • Dealing with assumptions
• The critical thinking process • Common sense
• A critical thinker’s skill set • Critical and creative thought systems
• Plenty of hands-on case studies
Learner Outcomes• Define critical and non-critical thinking
• Identify your critical thinking style(s), including areas of strength and improvement
• Describe other thinking styles, including left/right brain thinking and whole-brain thinking
• Work through the critical thinking process to build or analyze arguments
• Develop and evaluate explanations
• Improve key critical thinking skills
• Use analytical thought systems and creative thinking techniques
• Prepare and present powerful arguments