In today’s fast-moving world, many managers and supervisors are expected to deal with some human resource issues. They may be asked to take part in developing job descriptions, take part in interviews, or take responsibility for discipline. This workshop will introduce those managers to human resource concepts. We will walk you through the hiring process, from performing a skills inventory to conducting the interview; discuss orientation; and cover some issues that arise after the hiring (such as diversity issues, compensation, and discipline).
What Topics are Covered?
• Defining human resources • Planning training and external providers
• Skills inventory and job analysis • Performance reviews
• Position profiles and job descriptions • Attendance management and diversity
• Finding candidates and advertising guidelines • Privacy issues and compensation and benefits
• Preparing for and conducting the interview • Managing disciplinary issues and termination
• Employee orientation and onboarding • Exit interviews
Learner Outcomes• Discuss current issues in the human resource field and the changing role of supervisors and managers in terms of HR functions.
• Write job specifications and identify core competencies.
• Apply methods of finding, selecting, and keeping the best people using behavioral description interviewing techniques.
• Get new employees off to a good start.
• Understand compensation and benefits.
• Maintain healthy employee relations.
• Make performance appraisals a cooperative process.