Moving up the hospitality career ladder? The Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS) certification program is designed with you in mind...an individual who wants to learn and apply basic management concepts and skills in a global work environment. Based on the American Hotel & Lodging Association's (AHLA) Skill Builders curriculum, these interactive modules will help you build a foundation of skills to succeed and progress in the hospitality industry. You will gain knowledge and learn practical skills in the areas of supervision, leadership, time management, communication, cultural awareness and diversity, problem solving and conflict, orientation and training, motivation and team building, staffing and scheduling, as well as performance management.
As you progress through the weeks, our instructor will help you prepare you for the CHS exam which is scheduled on the last day of the course. Upon successful completion of the class and certification exam, you will receive the AHLA's Certified Hospitality Supervisor designation which is widely recognized within the hospitality industry.
*Under this program, participants will have until 12/31/2016 to complete the 20-hour program and certification exam. Participants must meet certification exam prerequisites and submit an application for the exam.
Employment Training Funds available: http://labor.hawaii.gov/wdd/home/employers/etf/micro/
This 20-hour program covers the following:
- Module 1-Framework for Supervisors (6 hours)
- Module 2-Supervisor Responsibilities (6 hours)
- Module 3-Supervisory Tools (6 hours)
- Proctored Certification Exam (2 hours)
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the pros/cons of each leadership style.
- Explain the four basic management functions
- Demonstrate on-boarding and training techniques.
- Identify employee performance improvement techniques to implement in your organization.
- Identify effective communication techniques to implement in your organization.
- Identify conflict management strategies to implement in your organization.
- Demonstrate the use of motivational strategies to promote teamwork in a global workplace.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certified Hospitality Supervisor Certification : Hospitality Supervisor