The Pharmacy Technician Foundations course provides students with the beginning knowledge and skills needed to prepare for a career as a pharmacy technician.
- Understand the history and development of Pharmacy, laws, and ethics.
- Understand common human diseases and pathological states and its treatments.
- Be able to identify the roots and origins of newly learned medical terminology including drug terms and definitions.
If you are a student with a documented disability and have not voluntarily disclosed the nature of your disability so that we may coordinate the accommodations you need, you are invited to contact the Disability Support Services Office (DSSO) in ‘Ilima 107, ph.734-9552, or email email@example.com for assistance. For students whose primary disability is Deaf or hard of hearing, contact the KCC Deaf Center at ph. 734-9210 (V), 447-1379 (videophone), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: you will need to contact Kapi’olani CC’s DSSO or Deaf Center to request accommodations in a Kapi’olani CC course even if you’ve already registered or are receiving services at another UH campus’s disability support program.
Kapi‘olani Community College Refund/Drop Policy:
100% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 10 business days or more prior to start date of course.
50% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 5-9 business days prior to start date of course.
0% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made less than 5 business days prior to start date of
- Attendance at a scheduled information/eligibility session for registration approval. List of information sessions can be found at: https://continuinged.kapiolani.hawaii.edu/pharmacytech/
- Students need to demonstrate meeting ENG 100 and Math 72 or equivalent for entry into the program.