Course DescriptionStudents learn to integrate knowledge and skills gained in Massage Practice 1 into a full body Swedish massage routine. Session documentation (SOAP charting) and record keeping skills are introduced.
- Identify major indications, contraindications and cautions for Swedish massage.
- Model entry-level professionalism with practice clients.
- Demonstrate good body mechanics that reduce risk of injury to both the practitioner and client.
- Demonstrate basic assessment and charting techniques in practice massage sessions.
- Demonstrate appropriate application of a variety of strokes and techniques used in Swedish massage.
If you are a student with a documented disability and have not voluntarily disclosed the nature of your disability so that we may coordinate the accommodations you need, you are invited to contact the Disability Support Services Office (DSSO) in `Ilima 107, ph.734-9552 , or email email@example.com for assistance. For students whose primary disability is Deaf or hard of hearing, contact the KCC Deaf Center in Manono 111C, ph. 734-9210 (V) or 447-1379 (videophone).
Please note: you will need to contact Kapi‘olani CC's DSSO or Deaf Center to request accommodations in a Kapi‘olani CC course even if you've already registered or receiving services at another UH campuses disability support program.
Kapi‘olani Community College Refund/Drop Policy:
100% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 10 business days or more prior to start date of course.
50% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 5-9 business days prior to start date of course.
0% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made less than 5 business days prior to start date of
Successful completion of Massage Practice 1 or approval from Program Director.