Course DescriptionStudents will learn appropriate massage techniques applied during a client's pregnancy to aid relaxation, promote circulation, and soothe nerves.
- Competency 1: Explain developmental stages of mother and child from conception to birth.
- Competency 2: List benefits, indications and contraindications for massage during pregnancy and postpartum stages.
- Competency 3: Demonstrate appropriate client intake and assessment for a pregnant client.
- Competency 4: Understand and apply proper set up, draping, and positioning for a pregnant client.
- Competency 5: Demonstrate competence in applying pregnancy and postpartum massage techniques.
If you are a student with a documented disability and have not voluntarily disclosed the nature of your disability so that we may coordinate the accommodations you need, you are invited to contact the Disability Support Services Office (DSSO) in `Ilima 107, ph.734-9552 , or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For students whose primary disability is Deaf or hard of hearing, contact the KCC Deaf Center in Manono 111C, ph. 734-9210 (V) or 447-1379 (videophone).
Please note: you will need to contact Kapi‘olani CC's DSSO or Deaf Center to request accommodations in a Kapi‘olani CC course even if you've already registered or receiving services at another UH campuses disability support program.