Course DescriptionThis course focuses on specific deep pressure applications to relieve areas of hyperirritability and referred pain patterns within muscles.
- Competency 1: Describe a trigger point and its physiological effects.
- Competency 2: Palpate and assess trigger points throughout the muscle groups.
- Competency 3: Understand referred pain patterns caused by trigger points.
- Competency 4: Discuss factors that perpetuate the development and recurrence of trigger points.
- Competency 5: Describe and demonstrate various methods for treating trigger points.
- Competency 6: Demonstrate competence and effectiveness in the application of trigger point therapy techniques for various conditions of the human body.