This workshop gives an overview of the service industries in Hawai‘i and their economic impact. Participants will learn to research customer data, discover trends that influence the visitors to Hawai‘i, learn how industries statewide are innovating and collaborating to provide unique customer experiences, and explore the career options that are available in our thriving service industries. As part of the course, participants will create professional goals and an action plan for self-improvement based on the S.M.A.R.T. goal method.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to use the knowledge gained to:
- Utilize learned resources to research current and accurate business data for Hawai'i.
- Recognize the important role of employees who work in Hawaii’s service industries.
- Explain the impact of tourism and travel in Hawai'i.
- Apply professional standards to their specific jobs and careers.
- Create personal career goal(s) and an action plan for performance improvement.