Why do people from all over the globe travel to Hawai‘i? What are their expectations of guest service from a cultural perspective? This course will help you understand why people will "save for a lifetime" just to visit our islands, why they return over and over again, and what their expectations of service are once they're here. You will explore the historical significance of Ho‘okipa or "hospitality", how it was practiced in traditional Hawaiian culture, and learn how these customs can be respectfully applied within our service industries. You will also enhance both your internal and external guest service skills to include delivering exceptional hospitality to a diverse and global audience.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate cultural awareness in servicing diverse customers from other cultures.
- Anticipate needs to provide exemplary service to both internal and external customers.
- Align modern day customer service components to ho‘okipa cultural practices.
- Apply ho‘okipa to your role in the service industry.
- Resolve conflicts and solve problems while dealing with service.