Course DescriptionIn today's fast-paced, multi-media world, how well do you really listen and understand what is going on around you? A recent survey of employers in Hawaii listed "Listening" as one of the top 5 skills desired in employees. Listening is an important communication skill to develop in personal, public and professional situations. Knowing how to be an effective listener can improve communication between individuals. This course will help you assess your current listening skills and you will learn how to change behaviors that may hamper these skills in both your professional and personal lives.
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the differences between hearing and listening.
- Understand the different types of listening we do and the listening styles.
- Identify psychological. physical and physiological factors that influence and interfere with listening.
- Identify personal listening strengths and areas to improve on.
- Modify listening styles to types of listening situations.
- Identify the different types of questions and when to ask them to get the necessary information to improve understanding.
- Practice effective listening skills.