THRIVE stands for "Teaching Habits to Reach Independence and Viable Employability." THRIVE is a program that offers students an opportunity to gain valuable workforce knowledge and apply soft skills in real-world settings. The program also provides opportunities to interact with Leeward Community College's faculty and employer partners to obtain vital information about how to find a job and be successful in the workplace. Service learning and volunteerism will be introduced to students as a pathway to gain work experience. THRIVE is a post-secondary education and employment experience for job seekers.
Who would benefit from THRIVE?
- Individuals with no work experience or history of continual job loss.
- College students contemplating to leave LeewardCC.
- Individuals who have work/military experience and difficulty seeking and/or retaining employment.
- Students leaving adult education and preparing to enter the workforce.
- Unemployed individuals attempting to return to the workforce.
- People exiting the corrections system.
- Establish work history and increase job network.
- Develop soft skills, such as organization, punctuality, teamwork, conflict resolution.
- Increase awareness of Hawaii-based occupations to make effective career decisions.
- Apply soft skills authentically in the community through volunteering and service learning.
- Experience college life on campus and gain friendships.
Workforce Development Coordinator
For assistance call our office at 455-0477.