Course DescriptionJoin the ranks of Hawaii's exciting and dynamic service industry! Create a personal road map for your life. Focus on goals that will make career plans clearer and more meaningful. Set yourself up for career success by setting realistic goals and designing a personalized career plan to help "get your foot in the door" in a variety of service and hospitality related professions. Learn the survival skills needed for a successful career in the service industry, including effective organization techniques, communication skills for a global workplace, learning to display a sense of professionalism and building your sales acumen.
This program series includes the following courses:
- Personal Career Management and Planning (4 hours)
- Professionalism in the Workplace (4 hours include site visit with a service industry organization)
- Managing Today's Global Currency-Organizing Time and Stress (2 hours)
- Sales Survival Skills (4 hours)
- Basic Communication in a Global Workplace (2 hours)
Recommended training track for service industries:
- Certificate for Customer Service in Hawaii (36 hours)
By the end of the program participants will be able to use the knowledge gained to:
- Complete a personal career plan detailing both short and long-term goals.
- Learn important techniques to sell products and services.
- Explain important aspects of professionalism in a global business environment.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication techniques in today's global economy.
- Select and implement time management and organizational techniques that fits your personal preference and workstyle.
- Earn a "Certificate of Professional Development" upon successful completion of the whole series.