Course DescriptionThe LPN to RN Transition Bridge course prepares students for the role of the RN and the standards of the Associate in Science degree in Nursing Program. The course introduces a concept-based curriculum while addressing the attributes of clinical judgment, professionalism, and communication. These concepts will be developed in assessing and planning for nursing care as a registered nurse.
Lecture - 8 Hours
Laboratory - 12 hours
- Discuss a commitment to the practice of nursing through professional behaviors reflected in the ANA Code of Ethics.
- Distinguish legitimate sources of evidence for professional decision-making.
- Discuss the leadership responsibility of the nurse in health care organizations.
- Identify effective communication skills as a registered nurse.
- Demonstrate safe nursing skills of a registered nurse.
If you are a student with a documented disability and have not voluntarily disclosed the nature of your disability so that we may coordinate the accommodations you need, you are invited to contact the Disability Support Services Office (DSSO) in ‘Ilima 107, ph.734-9552, or email email@example.com for assistance. For students whose primary disability is Deaf or hard of hearing, contact the KCC Deaf Center at ph. 734-9210 (V), 447-1379 (videophone), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: you will need to contact Kapi’olani CC’s DSSO or Deaf Center to request accommodations in a Kapi’olani CC course even if you’ve already registered or are receiving services at another UH campus’s disability support program.
Kapi‘olani Community College Refund/Drop Policy:
100% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 10 business days or more prior to start date of course.
50% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 5-9 business days prior to start date of course.
0% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made less than 5 business days prior to start date of