In the work environment, you may have to inform, persuade, negotiate, critique, inspire and motivate others. Learning to treat others with respect and courtesy, in spite of differences, can help you improve relationships and strengthen teamwork within a diverse cultural group. Topics include:
- Think Teams
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Resolving Conflict Through Negotiation
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Make decisions that benefit the majority of the group and future outcomes.
- Learn about topics as a team that will lead to a better assessment of relevant issues and problems.
- Establish criteria to measure solution effectiveness.
- Analyze data sets and provide recommendations for solutions.
- Select the appropriate conflict management style to resolve differences.
- Negotiate desirable outcomes in an ethical and fair manner.
- Promote values and civility in the work environment.
To register for the entire series, look for BUS3078 - Communication Skills for Success
If you are a student with a documented disability and have not voluntarily disclosed the nature of your disability so that we may coordinate the accommodations you need, you are invited to contact the Disability Support Services Office (DSSO) in ‘Ilima 107, ph.734-9552, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For students whose primary disability is Deaf or hard of hearing, contact the KCC Deaf Center at ph. 734-9210 (V), 447-1379 (videophone), or email email@example.com.
Please note: you will need to contact Kapi’olani CC’s DSSO or Deaf Center to request accommodations in a Kapi’olani CC course even if you’ve already registered or are receiving services at another UH campus’s disability support program.
Kapi‘olani Community College Refund/Drop Policy:
100% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 10 business days or more prior to start date of course.
50% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 5-9 business days prior to start date of course.
0% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made less than 5 business days prior to start date of course.