Course DescriptionConflict occurs in personal, public and professional situations. Learning to diffuse arguments or disagreements can be beneficial to avoid harmful outcomes. In a cross-cultural community, learning to understand others and their needs can be beneficial in positively negotiating an agreement between individuals with different attitudes, beliefs, and values. Treating others with respect and courtesy, in spite of differences, is key to creating a healthy and safe environment.
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the various conflict management styles.
- Select the appropriate conflict management style to resolve differences.
- Differentiate between the styles of passive, assertive, aggressive & passive-aggressive behaviors.
- Negotiate desirable outcomes in an ethical and fair manner.
- Develop and promote values and civility in the work environment.