Course DescriptionLearning to effectively work with others in groups leads to the development of a "team". Engaged teams lead to a successful personal and professional work environment. Building upon your personal communication style, you will learn about group dynamics and influential factors that impact group communication. Learn to create and communicate in a collaborative climate and make effective group decisions. Participants will also develop skills in managing conflict in a professional manner.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify personal behaviors and how they affect others in group situations.
- Select the appropriate method to make decisions in groups.
- Identify characteristics that distinguish groups and teams.
- Take steps to create a work environment that promotes communication.
- Identify ways to manage conflict.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills when working with a diverse group.