Course DescriptionBecome a Quick- Change Artist: Research shows that approximately 20% of the population are change friendly. About 50% are on the fence and not really desiring to embrace change and 30% are authentic change resisters. Job one at the workshop is to facilitate an understanding of Change as one of evolution and growth and not something that should be avoided. Once Change is something an individual can Anticipate not react to, engage not defend against it, embrace it not resist it and if appropriate, Initiate change instead of enduring it. Addressing leading organizational change is then viable second step. Completing the program is the review of the Harvard research based, eight-stage program to guide change in an organization.
Upon completion of this Seminar:
1. Learn and understand the three-part sequence to the change process.
2. Use the importance of the neutral zone to negotiate change.
3. Be able adjust perspectives to allow for positive change in the workplace.
4. Have a tool to determine what is in their control and what is not.
5. Know how to change self- talk to stop going out of the mind (fight or flight response) over change.
6. Be able to anticipate and manage the results of change in the workplace: grief, guilt, anxiety, stress, and resentment.
7. Learn the Common errors made during a change process and how to avoid them.
8. Be able to enumerate the Future skills of a leader to handle the coming Sea change.