Course DescriptionThe Certified Nurse Aide Program provides students with the fundamental nursing and care giving techniques. Provides both classroom and intensive hands-on approach which gives students the necessary skills to be a skilled healthcare provider. Students gain knowledge and skills through both theory and practice in the classroom, nursing lab settings and actual clinical experiences at designated medical facilities. Upon successfully completing this course we will provide the necessary tools to prepare students for the state examination and a testing facility to take the exam.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Apply standard precautions in the provision of care.
- Demonstrate appropriate skills to assist the resident in attaining and maintaining independence.
- Execute safe and effective personal care and hygiene when assisting with activities of daily living.
- Employ the use of residents rights as defined by state and federal agencies.
- Assess and respond to the social and mental health needs of the resident related to the aging process and impaired cognition.