Start with our Driver Education Program, which fulfills the classroom* portion. In six weeks, using audio/visual programs and class activities, you’ll be prepared to move on to the “behind-the-wheel” portion.
This 30 hour driver education course will be conducted in the classroom only. The course will prepare students for achievements in social wellness, visual skills for awareness, information processing and decision-making, risk prevention management, vehicle control, vehicle correction skills, and performance excellence (§19-139-102 HRS).
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- understand the basic laws and rules of the road, Hawaii's traffic laws, and their liability as drivers;
- drive responsibly
- signs, signals, and roadway markings
- basic car controls
- negotiating intersections
- defensive driving strategies
- driving in different environments and situations
- effects of driver condition on risk taking
- alcohol and other drugs