Course DescriptionCurrent information for would-be photovoltaic systems for residential and commercial. Includes equipment options, pricing, tax incentives, MECO circuit saturation, and current options for grid-tied or off-grid battery storage. Discussion about energy efficiency strategies to employ before installing panels. Bring your MECO statement and roof layout and size a solar electric system correctly for your needs. Over-sizing or under-sizing your system can cost thousands of dollars in lost savings.
• Understand equipment required for installation of photovoltaic panels
• Understand state and federal tax incentives for PV installations
• Understand the limitations and requirements of the utility regarding circuit safety and saturation
• Recognize grid-tied battery systems as compared to off-grid battery systems
• Understand how to use kWh usage data and roof layout to efficiently size individual systems• Understand basic options for energy efficiency to reduce cost and size of PV installation