Course DescriptionThis course focuses on the pronunciation, spelling, and definition of medical terms. Participants will understand the scientific and technological language of anatomy, physiology, and special medical procedures.
Upon successful completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Correlate medical terms to standard english descriptions for communication to non-medical audience.
- Deduce the accepted meanings of medical symbols and abbreviations.
- Use combining forms, prefixes, and suffixes to build medical words.
- Classify the organs of various body systems and describe their locations and functions.
- Employ accepted medical abbreviations in appropriate communication, including: medical records and reports.
- Analyze complicated medical terms and determine correct usage of word elements.
For guidance on eligibility and tuition / support assistance let us contact you personally through our “Let’s Get Started” system:
You may also connect with our advisor:
Dayna Lapina: firstname.lastname@example.org
For registration assistance:
call our office at 455-0477
Successful completion of Introduction to Medical Terminology (HLTH5405) or instructor approval.