Course DescriptionThis course focuses on the definition, cause, signs and symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of specific diseases. Alternative treatments and pharmacotherapy including the action of drugs, the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of drugs by the body are covered.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe common human diseases related to the major body systems.
- Illustrate common treatments for diseases and disorders of the human body.
- Identify and properly use terms related to common human diseases.
- Recall the signs, symptoms, and diagnostic tests for common human diseases and disorders.
- Account for the typical course and management for a common medical disorder.
- List the strengths and weaknesses of conventional therapeutic interventions and complementary and alternative medicine.
- Show the action of drugs, the absorption, distribution; metabolism and excretion of drugs by the body are covered.
Workforce Development Coordinator
For assistance call our office at 455-0477.