Course DescriptionParticipants are introduced to ICD-9-CM and Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs) coding. Learn the rules, methodology, and sequencing, data sets, documentation requirements, coding ethics and basic reimbursement technologies.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain the principles and conventions of ICD-10-CM codes.
- Cite and apply basic ICD-10-CM rules to healthcare situations.
- Accurately assign ICD-10 codes to healthcare provider source documents.
- Identify and explain how to use healthcare coding reference books and other resources.
- Properly code diseases and procedures for all major body systems according to industry standards.
Workforce Development Coordinator
For assistance call our office at 455-0477.