Course DescriptionUpon completion of this series the participant will gain valuable knowledge of and experience with a class A and B Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV). The participant will also be prepared to obtain a Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A. This series ensures participants complete the entire training in a single track of courses. Tuition includes: classroom training, behind-the-wheel training, and textbooks. All other fees are the responsibility of the participant.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Understand state and federal CDL operator requirements, vehicle controls, and safety rules as demonstrated by successfully passing the State of Hawaii CDL permitting exam.
- Identify, inspect and assess a truck’s critical items for safe operating conditions.
- Demonstrate proficiency of the basic CMV controls and their functions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the principles of CMV safe operation skills.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of all CMV rules as demonstrated by successfully obtaining a State of Hawaii CDL license.
Workforce Development Coordinator
For assistance call our office at 455-0477.
Participants interested in the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) Training Program must pass the Gates-MacGinitie Reading Test with an 11th grade level or higher prior to enrollment.
- You must be at least 21 years old at the start of the training program
- A valid State of Hawaii Passenger Vehicle Drivers License
- Hawaii Driver History Record
- A Medical Examiners Report Form and A Medical Examiner's Certificate conducted by a licensed medical examiner.
- Complete Student Participant Information Sheet (in office)
For more information, please contact the office at 808-455-0477.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Complete Commercial Motor Vehicle Training : Complete Commercial Motor Vehicle Training Series