Course DescriptionThis introduction high-level course utilizing multiple applications is designed for you to engage as a first step for the non-programmer to install and work with the RStudio environment for survey analysis preparation.Learn the most important question for the design of your survey and potential biases. Create and send surveys using Google Forms/Sheets, understand Mean Perceived Learning Scores (MPLS) with Likert Type survey questions as you analyze the responses for a basic understanding of the survey results. Within RStudio, you will learn to set the correct directory, read various file types into R, install the required packages, load libraries, and begin to use basic functionality within R for analysis of the data. Learn to thrive as you utilize searches and the help function for ongoing R assistance. Demonstrations in R will be provided for cleaning/tidying dirty data from SurveyMonkey to prepare for statistical analysis.
- Achieve and demonstrate basic understanding and efficiency working with RStudio.
- Achieve and demonstrate basic understanding of survey design and efficiency creating surveys in Google Forms utilizing Likert Type questions.
- Achieve and demonstrate basic analysis of the Google Forms survey responses.
- Achieve and demonstrate reading different file formats directly into R for data analysis.
- Achieve and demonstrate basic understanding of MPLS (Mean Perceived Learning Scores) and statistical analysis.
- Achieve and demonstrate knowledgeable searching capabilities for assistance with R, Google Tools, and surveys.
- Achieve and demonstrate basic script writing and plotting functions within R.
If you are a student with a documented disability and have not voluntarily disclosed the nature of your disability so that we may coordinate the accommodations you need, you are invited to contact the Disability Support Services Office (DSSO) in `Ilima 107, ph.734-9552 , or email email@example.com for assistance. For students whose primary disability is Deaf or hard of hearing, contact the KCC Deaf Center in Manono 111C, ph. 734-9210 (V) or 447-1379 (videophone).
Please note: you will need to contact Kapi‘olani CC's DSSO or Deaf Center to request accommodations in a Kapi‘olani CC course even if you've already registered or receiving services at another UH campuses disability support program.
Kapi‘olani Community College Refund/Drop Policy:
100% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 10 business days or more prior to start date of course.
50% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 5-9 business days prior to start date of course.
0% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made less than 5 business days prior to start date of