The Advanced Pharmacy Technician Program is a 60-hour non-credit program that prepares pharmacy technicians to work in hospital and other specialized pharmacies. To be eligible for entry into this program, the student must have a minimum of six months of work experience as a pharmacy technician or be PTCB certified. Eligibility will be confirmed after registration. Admission into the program is on a FIRST COME, FIRST ACCEPTED basis. The program has limited enrollment and you are strongly encouraged to register early to secure a seat.
The textbook is included in the registration fee.
Upon satisfactory completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the day-to-day functions, capabilities, personnel, work-flow, regulatory requirements, etc. of a hospital-based pharmacy department.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of each member of the professional pharmacy team.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the mathematical principles utilized by hospital pharmacy technicians.
- Demonstrate the skills needed for sterile and non-sterile compounding procedures, including equipment, supplies, etc.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the medication reconciliation/medication therapy management (MTM) process.
If you are a student with a documented disability and have not voluntarily disclosed the nature of your disability so that we may coordinate the accommodations you need, you are invited to contact the Disability Support Services Office (DSSO) in ‘Ilima 107, ph.734-9552, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For students whose primary disability is Deaf or hard of hearing, contact the KCC Deaf Center at ph. 734-9210 (V), 447-1379 (videophone), or email email@example.com.
Please note: you will need to contact Kapi’olani CC’s DSSO or Deaf Center to request accommodations in a Kapi’olani CC course even if you’ve already registered or are receiving services at another UH campus’s disability support program.
Kapi‘olani Community College Refund/Drop Policy:
100% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 10 business days or more prior to start date of course.
50% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 5-9 business days prior to start date of course.
0% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made less than 5 business days prior to start date of