The Advanced Pharmacy Technician Program is a 60-hour non-credit program that prepares pharmacy technicians to work in hospital and other specialized pharmacies. To be eligible for entry into this program, the student must have a minimum of six months of work experience as a pharmacy technician or be PTCB certified. Eligibility will be confirmed after registration. Admission into the program is on a FIRST COME, FIRST ACCEPTED basis. The program has limited enrollment and you are strongly encouraged to register early to secure a seat.
The textbook is included in the registration fee.
Upon satisfactory completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the day-to-day functions, capabilities, personnel, work-flow, regulatory requirements, etc. of a hospital-based pharmacy department.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of each member of the professional pharmacy team.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the mathematical principles utilized by hospital pharmacy technicians.
- Demonstrate the skills needed for sterile and non-sterile compounding procedures, including equipment, supplies, etc.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the medication reconciliation/medication therapy management (MTM) process.