This 16-hour course teaches you the essential knowledge to keep your worksite safe and sanitary. The ServSafe training teaches you the concepts and proper practices required for job success in the food service industry.
Registration closes 5 working days prior to start of course.
1. Identify the principles involved in designing and managing and effective cleaning, sanitation, and food safety program according to industry identified standards and practices.
2. Asses Factors that cause food-borne illness, determine major elements including biological, chemical, and physical contamination.
3. Outline the flow of food from the farm to the table being aware of cross-contamination, time temperature control, and other variables along with local and federal regulations.
4. Receive a passing grade of 75% or higher as per the National Restaurant Association (Servsafe) Certification.
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the generally accepted standards of professionalism and adhere to the established dress code.
2. Apply the basic principles of foodservice organization, sanitation and safety in a foodservice operation to maintain the optimum health of the consumer.